Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend Recap

This is actually the first weekend since our wedding that I've had 3 consecutive days off with Cory. Overall, we had a fantastic weekend. I decided to take a personal day from work on Friday the 29th. That morning I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast we decided to do a little shopping and then we had lunch at our favorite place, Panera! After lunch, we proceeded to find a mason jar to complete my accessories for my halloween costume. As soon as we found one we immediately went home to get ready for our friend's Halloween party. This was the first time Cory and I have celebrated Halloween together and actually dressed up. We dressed up as Lorena and John Wayne Bobbitt. We got the idea for our costume from the heinous crime that occurred back in the early 1990's. The crime involved a woman (Lorena) who chopped a piece of her husband's "man parts" off while he was sleeping. We got tons of laughs from this costume and everyone thought we were so creative. We had a nice time but we really didn't know many people at the party.

On Saturday we had breakfast at the honey dew donuts in Carver and then did our weekly grocery shopping run. That night we went to my parent's house for dinner and we brought Colt with us. He had a blast playing with Tucker and we ended up taking tons of pictures. Here are a few that we took...




 Finally, on Halloween morning we went to Target to pick up some last minute candy and a couple of other things for the house. Cory watched football and I just relaxed and cleaned a little. We had a wonderful weekend, and I think we really needed that time together to connect as a couple again. Cory's schedule has just been so crazy it's been impossible to actually get a full day together. I'm excited for next week because I've planned a day trip to Boston on Veteran's day since I'm off from work. I hope everybody had a fantastic Halloween. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you and Cory out in the yard! That's great that you guys got to spend a long weekend together - I'm sure you appreciate that time together more than a normal couple does!! <3

    ReplyDelete