Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting ready for turkey day

I know... I know I haven't written a post in over a week. I'm such a slacker. It looks as though I've given up on this whole blog challenge ordeal. I think it was a great idea to get the ball rolling, but I'm not planning to continue with it. Anyway, I've been sick for almost a week now with this incredibly annoying bug/chest cold, and let me tell you it hasn't been fun. I was out of work for two days and basically out of commission. I was in bed all day for those two days and I did nothing but eat, sleep, drink tons of water, and watch food network thanksgiving shows. I'm still not myself but I did go back to work today.

After work today Cory & I decided to go shopping early to get ready for thanksgiving next week. This will be our first thanksgiving dinner together as a married couple and come to think of it..ever! Throughout our whole four years together I always spent thanksgiving with my parents. This year I will be spending thanksgiving with my father-in-law & step-mom in law in Weymouth. We always have a great time when we visit, and I'm sure the food will be spectacular. I'm planning on making three desserts this year. Originally, I was just going to make two (pumpkin pie & snickers cheesecake) but at the request of my husband we will be having a third dessert (chocolate cream pie). I always look forward to the Wednesday before thanksgiving because that is the night that I bake and prepare everything that I will need for dinner the next day. I have never hosted thanksgiving, but I hope to someday in the future because I love to cook! I know it's a week too early, but I'm in the mood.....

Happy Thanksgiving blogger friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment