Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010- My year in review

Needless to say 2010 was a truly memorable year for me. It was filled with happiness, joy, accomplishment, stress, and most recently deep sorrow. 2010 was without a doubt the most eventful and jam packed year that I have experienced in my life so far. I planned my wedding, watched two of my best friends get married, bought my first home, married my best friend, adopted a best friend, and lost a best friend all within a matter of a year. Here is a look back at some of the great and not-so great moments of 2010.

January- House hunting was in full swing we looked at at least 6-8 houses this month. This month was also filled with rounding up bank statements, pay stubs and countless other documents which helped us complete our pre- approval.

February- I attended Reni's bridal shower.

We were still house hunting up until the middle of February, on a snowy day, we found "The one" we immediately put in an offer and it was accepted! Finally, I had a friend from college pass away in a car accident. It was devastating.

March- March was filled with countless arguments, stress, and phone calls with our mortgage consultant. We were also interacting daily with our real estate agent. I attended Katie's  Bachelorette party and we took a limo to Boston to see the Blue Man Group. I will never forget that it was 70 degrees in the middle of March!
                                                                          
  Next, was Reni & Mike's Wedding. Her ceremony was absolutely beautiful and nothing like I had ever seen before.



Finally, to end the month we experienced the worst flood Massachusetts has seen in decades.
                                                            

April-The stress of wedding planning became more apparent and the day was fast approaching. Most of the month of April was stressful due to the fact that we were rounding up last minute documents, funds, and appointments to get ready for our closing. It was a long month of waiting anxiously on word from the bank. We finally closed on our first home on April 23rd!

                                                

May-I turned 25 in the beginning of the month. I had a small gathering with some friends at my parent's house and we had a bonfire.
                                    

The day after my birthday, on May 8th, we attended Kenny & Steph's Wedding.

                          

and finally, the highlight of the month..was my Bridal Shower!


                                                  

June- I witnessed my life-long friend get married on June 5th.


At the end of June I flew to Florida to visit my best friend & maid of honor, Ashley. I had such a fantastic time while I was there. We went to universal, had a few beach days, went out to eat at one of her favorite Japanese restaurants, and had a night out at a local bar with her friend's from work. I was also able to stay at her first home that purchased back in 2009 and meet her new puppy, Fenway.
                            



July- This month was filled with stressed due to the wedding, I had a few beach days here and there but mostly wedding planning consumed my life for that time.

On last day of the month, I gathered up my 14 of my closest girlfriends and headed to Boston for my Bachelorette party!    Yes, we had a pink limo :)


                                                                  Jello shots!

All of us in front of fenway park 
Riding the bull!
                                                                      
August- I married my best friend and we had the time of our lives on our honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico!!

September- We adopted our first dog together, Colt.

October- We began to start to settle down and enjoy newlywed life, we had a play date with Tucker & Colt, and had our first Halloween in our new home with almost 90 trick or treater's come to our door!

November- We had our first thanksgiving together as husband & wife and we decorated for our first Christmas together.

December- I threw my mom a 50th birthday party at my house and on Christmas day I  had to put down my first pet, Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment