Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11- 10 years later

I just finished watching "Voices of 9/11" on the National Geographic channel. I was literally breathless during most of the program. I can't even imagine being a 911 dispatcher during that horrific tragedy.I think everyone 
who was old enough to sincerely remember that day can say where they were,  and what they were doing when they first heard of the attacks.I never felt so American in my life.  I myself was in my 11th grade English class, and I distinctly remember a fellow classmate saying that a plane hit the world trade center. I honestly thought he was just joking. I then arrived to the my next class, Algebra ,and that was when I witnessed the second plane hit the north tower. We watched the television in shock and disbelief as our country was being attacked. I'm usually an over-dramatic person so it wasn't unusual that I had experienced a feeling of impending death upon me that day. I'm sure I wasn't the only that had that feeling. Each time I watch documentaries I just feel sick to my stomach, but I just can't look away. For some reason it just sucks me in. The tragedy and the horror of that day is as vivid as it was 10 years ago. I will never forget that day and my heart sincerely goes out to the families that lost loved ones on that momentous day in our nation's history. 


God Bless America*

No comments:

Post a Comment