Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Vacation

I'm excited to share that I'm finally on winter break! The kids or to put it another way, the disrespectful teenagers have been especially challenging lately so this break is much needed. Although it really hasn't been much of a break since I caught a touch of the flu. I was in bed for two days, but now I'm feeling much better. I'm hoping that today I'll at least be able to go to the Grocery store. I haven't left the house since Saturday!

It has been almost a month since I've written a blog post, and I apologize for that. Its not that I haven't had anything to write about its just that I've had zero motivation to sit here and arrange my thoughts accordingly. I  also haven't been the happiest person lately either. Maybe its a combination of work, grad school, and winter. I don't know. Lately, I've actually had a few people ask me the infamous question that newlyweds constantly get asked "How is married life?" My response is always. "Its great!". I mean don't get me wrong being married to Cory is great. Whats not to love about spending forever with your best friend? Well nothing. Its just everything that goes along with it thats not exactly glamorous. I'll be honest I've been super overwhelmed trying to adjust to this new life. I know everybody always says the first year is the hardest and I couldn't agree more. Its just so difficult trying to balance work, homework assignments, cooking, cleaning, laundry, dog training with Colt, friends, and most importantly trying to make time to spend with my husband. In addition to that, this is the first time I've been on my own without any assistance from my parents. I think maybe that is partly the reason why its taking forever to adjust to this lifestyle. I'm hoping things will get easier. I'm adjusting, but its just taking longer then I would have liked it to. This definitely isn't easy. Nobody said it would be. Updates soon...

1 comment:

  1. "How's married life?" might be my least favorite question in the world... things will get easier though, so far it appears that you are doing a wonderful job! Very exciting that you are booking your first anniversary vaca!!

    ReplyDelete