I had started to brainstorm ideas about my mom's 50th birthday party back in September. My original plan was to have a surprise party at a local restaurant with 50 of her closest family & friends. I had also spoken with a DJ that was going to give me a good deal. Well....that fool-proof plan was crushed when I found out how much it really costs to host a huge party of that nature. My dad offered to help me, but even with his help it was just going to be too expensive for me (I'm still trying to replenish my bank account from the wedding). I felt horrible knowing that I wouldn't be able to do this for my Mom. She does so much for me and especially this year with throwing my bridal shower, helping me plan my wedding, and finally paying for a huge portion of my wedding. I really wanted to show her how much I appreciate her. I decided I wanted to do something special even if I couldn't throw her a huge surprise party.
I came up with the idea to host a small gathering at my house, and that is exactly what I did. I invited a few of my mom's closest friends & and our family. I went to a party supply store and literally bought everything with the number "50" on it. I also ordered her favorite flavor cake from White's Bakery in Brockton. Overall, everyone had a great time. It was nice to see my mom's friends who I don't see very often. Before my Mom opened her presents we did an ornament swap with the ladies that came to the party. Everybody really enjoyed that and a few people even suggested we continue the tradition every year. I know my mom had a nice time and I know she felt special and appreciated. However, I still feel badly that I wasn't able to give her the party that she deserves. Maybe I can throw one for her 60th!!! :::crosses fingers::::
Here are some pictures from the party:
Dining room decorated
My Mom & her best friends from work
My Mom has been watching Days of our Lives since before I was born
Incredibly delicious Tiramusu cake
Blowing out the candles
My Mom and I
That cake looks delicious! And it's not the size of the party, it's the thought that goes into it and being with people that you love. It looks like your mom had a great time! I love that picture of the two of you together :)
ReplyDelete