Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Amazing Macaroni & Cheese Recipe!

Last night I was in the mood for some good ole' comfort food so I decided to make a big pot of homemade macaroni & cheese. I had been preparing to make it since this past weekend, and I had been researching recipes online. I have attempted to make macaroni & cheese before and it really didn't come like I hoped it would. I decided to give Alton Brown's "Stove top macaroni & cheese" recipe a try. Boy, am I glad I did! It was beyond delicious! It was full of flavor and tasted like I had taken hours to prepare it.

Picture of Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese Recipe

Taken from foodnetwork.com
Alton Brown's Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 ounces evaporated milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Fresh black pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded

Directions

In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente  and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, I have two mac and cheese recipes but will have to add this to my repertoire!!!! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete