Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day in the life of a Resturant Manager's Wife

I know I have complained about this numerous times on Facebook, but I haven't actually spilled about it on my blog.  It's extremely difficult to "watch" (via facebook) everybody always having plans and traveling with their spouses while I sit home alone and my husband is off working like a dog. I was particularly bothered this past weekend for some reason. Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful that he has a great job in this tough economy. I guess I'm just being selfish. I don't know. After a long week of work (which has been especially stressful this year) I want to relax my mind and forget about work for the 2 short days that I have off. Weekends are the busiest time for restaurants and it just so happens that I work Monday-Friday. It is extremely rare for Cory to have a weekend off, but it does happen every so often. Dealing with long work days, opposite schedules and varying hours has always been an issue ever since Cory became a manager. Sometimes I'm okay with it, but most of the time I just wish I had more time with him. I try to be supportive of him and I'm so proud that he is doing so well at such a young age. I know that in order to support us and move up in the company he has to give 110 percent at all times. I'm just scared that when we have children in the future that they will resent him for always working and not being there for them.. I don't resent him I just wish I had more of a "life" instead of  just working, cooking, and cleaning. I guess as a newlywed I'm at a crossroads. I need a hobby!

2 comments:

  1. When Chuck used to work retail I made him promise that once we graduated he would get a M-F 9-5 job so that I'd never have to miss him at night or on the weekends. I can't imagine how you do it! If you ever get lonely and need to hang out, talk to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel -- in college during the summers it was hard to see Tim since we had diff. work schedules. Now he is unemployed & I am working so we have our weekends free. When he becomes an attorney that may or may not change (depending on his work load). I think you just need to make the time with him count that much more.

    ReplyDelete